Clinical References for Acute Kidney Injury(AKI)
1.Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO) Acute Kidney Injury Work Group. KDIGO Clinical Practice Guideline for Acute Kidney Injury. Kidney Inter, Suppl. 2012; 2:1-138.
2. Brown, JR, Rezaee, ME, Marshall, EJ, Matheny, ME. Hospital Mortality in the United States following Acute Kidney Injury. BioMed Research International, vol. 2016, Article ID 4278579, 6 pages, 2016.
3. Dasta, JF, Kane-Gill, SL, Durtschi, AJ, et al. Costs and outcomes of AKI following cardiac surgery. Nephrology, dialysis, transplantation: official publication of the European Dialysis and Transplant Association – European Renal Association. (2008). 23. 1970-4.
4. Chertow GM, Burdick E, Honour M, Bonventre JV, Bates DW. Acute kidney injury, mortality, length of stay, and costs in hospitalized patients. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 2005;16:3365-3370.
5. Hoste EAJ, Bagshaw SM, Bellomo R et al (2015) Epidemiology of acute kidney injury in critically ill patients: the multinational AKI-EPI study. Intensive Care Med. 41:1411–1423.
6. Susantitaphong P, Cruz DN, Cerda J, et al. Acute Kidney Injury Advisory Group of the American Society of Nephrology. World incidence of AKI: a meta-analysis. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2013;8:1482-1493
7. Selby NM, Kolhe NV, McIntyre CW, et al. Defining the cause of death in hospitalized patients with acute kidney injury. PLoS One. 2012;7:e48580.
8. Dasta JF, Kane-Gill SL, Durtschi AJ, Pathak DS, Kellum JA. Costs and outcomes of acute kidney injury (AKI) following cardiac surgery. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2008;23(6):1970-1974.
9. Brown JR, Parikh CR, Ross CS, et al, for the Northern New England, Cardiovascular Disease Study Group. Impact of perioperative acute kidney injury as a severity index for thirty-day readmission after cardiac surgery. Ann Thorac Surg. 2014;97(1):111-117.
10. Heung M, Steffick DE, Zivin K, et al. Acute kidney injury recovery pattern and subsequent risk of CKD: an analysis of Veterans Health Administration data. Am J Kidney Dis. 2015;67(5):742-752.
11. Hoste EAJ et al. Acute Renal Failure in Patients with Sepsis in a Surgical ICU: Predictive Factors, Incidence, Comorbidity, and Outcome. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2003;14:1022-1030.
12. Martensson J et al. Novel Biomarkers of Acute Kidney Injury and Failure: Clinical Applicability. Brit J Anesth. 2012;109(6):843-50.
13. Wlodzimirow KA, et al. A comparison of RIFLE with and without urine output criteria for acute kidney injury in critically ill patients. Critical Care. 2012;16:R200.
14. Baxmann AC, et al. Influence of Muscle Mass and Physical Activity on Serum and Urinary Creatinine and Serum Cystatin C. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008 Mar; 3(2): 348–354.
15. Ostermann, M, Joannidis, M. Acute kidney injury 2016: diagnosis and diagnostic workup. Critical Care. (2016) 20:299.
16. Gould CV, et al. Guideline for Prevention of Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections. HICPAC. 2009.
17. Legrand M, Payen D. Understanding urine output in critically ill patients. Ann Intensive Care. 2011;1:13.
18. Lewington AJP, Certa J, Mehta RL. Raising awareness of acute kidney injury: a global perspective of a silent killer. Kidney Int. 2013;84(3):457-467.
19. Kashani, K, Al-Khafaji, A, Ardiles, T, et al. Discovery and validation of cell cycle arrest biomarkers in human acute kidney injury. Crit Care. (2012) 17, R25.
20. Hobson C, Ozrazgat-Baslanti T, Kuxhausen A, Thottakkara P, et al. Cost and mortality associated with postoperative acute kidney injury. Ann Surg. 2015;261:1207–1214.
Clinical References for Acute Heart Failure and Cardiogenic Shock
1. Contemporary trends in cardiogenic shock: Incidence, intra-aortic balloon pump utilisation and outcomes from the London Heart Attack Group. Rathod KS et al. Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care. 2018 Feb;7(1):16-27.
2. Organ dysfunction, injury and failure in acute heart failure: from pathophysiology to diagnosis and management. A review on behalf of the Acute Heart Failure Committee of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Eur J Heart Fail. 2017 July ; 19(7): 821–836. Veli-Pekka Harjola et al.
3. Renal impairment, worsening renal function, and outcome in patients with heart failure: an updated meta-analysis. Eur Heart J. 2014; 35:455–469. Damman K et al.
4. Mechanical Circulatory Support in heart failure, Debakey/Cooley Joint session, Volume 29, Number 6, 2012, Texas Heart Institute. Idor D. Gregoric
5. A Reevaluation of the Costs of Heart Failure and Its Implications for Allocation of Health Resources in the United States Clin. Cardiol. 37, 5, 312–321 (2014). Jeff Voigt et al.
6. Incidence and Mortality of Acute Kidney Injury after Myocardial Infarction: A Comparison between KDIGO and RIFLE Criteria PLoS One. 2013; 8(7): e69998. Fernardo B. Rodrigues et al.
7. Percutaneous Ventricular Assist Devices: A Novel Approach in the Management of Patients With Acute Cardiogenic Shock Ochsner Journal 16:243–249, 2016. Kevin Ergle et al.
8. Acute Heart Failure: Definition, Classification and Epidemiology. Curr Heart Fail Rep (2017) 14:385–392. Sameer Kurmani et al.
9. Hemodynamic Support for High-Risk PCI. JACC Cardiovascular Interventions. Vol 8. No.2. 2015:229-44. Myat et al.
10. Clinical outcomes of temporary mechanical circulatory support as a direct bridge to heart transplantation: a nationwide Spanish registry. European Journal of Heart Failure (2018)20,178–186. Eduardo Barge-Caballero et al.
11. Incidence and 30-day case fatality for acute myocardial infarction in England in 2010:national-linked database study. European Journal of Public Health. Volume 22, Issue 6, December 2012, Pages 848–853. Kate Smolina et al.
12. Myocardial Infarction. Emedicine article 155919. May 7, 2019. A Maziar Zafari et al.
13. The incidence of Stroke after Myocardial Infarction: A Meta-Analysis. Am J Med. 2006 Apr;119(4):354.e1-9 Brandi J. Witt et al.
14. Incidence and mortality of acute myocardial infarction. A population-based study including patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Int Heart J. 2011;52(4):197-202. Aso S et al.Incidence of acute myocardial infarction resulting in sudden death outside the hospital. Emerg Med J. 2011 Oct;28(10):884-6. Adnet F et al.
15. Estimating Out-of-Hospital Mortality Due to Myocardial Infarction. Healthcare management Science. August 2003, Volume 6, Issue 3, pp 147–154. Liam O’Neill et al.
16. Incidence, Mortality, and Outcome-Predictors of Sudden Cardiac Arrest Complicating Myocardial Infarction Prior to Hospital Admission. Circulation: Cardiovascular Interventions. 2019;12. Nicole Karam et al.
17. Trends in out-of-hospital deaths due to coronary heart disease in Sweden (1991 to 2006). Circulation. 2011; 123:46–52. Dudas K et al.
18. Survival in patients with myocardial infarction complicated by out-of-hospital cardiac arrest undergoing emergency percutaneous coronary intervention . Int J Cardiol. 2013; 166:425–430. Lim HS et al.
19. Baseline characteristics, management practices, and in-hospital outcomes of patients hospitalized with acute coronary syndromes in the Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE) Am J Cardiol. 2002 ; 90:358–363. Steg PG et al.
GET IN TOUCH
Have a question? We are here for you.
PleioFlow UK LTD.
51 Stanton Road, Stapenhill, Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire,
United Kingdom, DE15 9RP
PleioFlow Hellas SA.
Peloponnesou 4 & Argolidos 2 Str., 145 64 Kifissia
+30 210 6209 866